This Morning’s Question
It is 6:00AM PST in California on a Sunday. I think to myself, “I wonder if Time and Gravity are related in any way”.
Without Hesitation or Thinking Twice
- I open Firefox
- Enter “time gravity rel” in the Google search box
- Choose the suggestion: “time gravity relationship”
- Choose the 2nd entry in the search result: “Gravity’s effect on time confirmed – physicsworld.com”
- Read this EASY for me to UNDERSTAND article written in 2010 by Edwin Cartlidge, a science writer based in Rome
Overcome by the Blessing
I had to write this blurb in praise of:
– the Lord and
– Her children here on earth
– The Internet, a manifestation of Teilhard de Chardin’s concept of a Universal Connection of Human Consciousness
– Search Engines – Google, et al.
Love and peace,
I didn’t want to run the Google Chrome installer without downloading. After downloading the installer, a warning said that this method sometimes yielded an installation of Chrome that did not automatically check for updates and that it was wise to do that manually.
After searching for a solution for this problem without success, I broke the problem into two parts:
- How to Manually Check for Updates.
- How to Do the Update if Necessary.
How to Manually Check for Updates
- Go to http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/
- Look for Stable Channel Update
- Find the version number for your OS
- Click on the Chrome Wrench Icon
- Select About Google Chrome
How to Do the Update if Necessary
Selecting About Google Chrome from the Chrome Wrench Icon opens up a dialog that seemingly checked to see if chrome is up to date. In my case it performed the check, and did the update to 21.0.1180.77 from the previous version.